Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A bittersweet moment....


Many of you probably do not know but my mother passed away on December 7th 15 years ago.  I was young and have had to grow up without her.  One of the hardest things for me truthfully is that most of the people that I hold so dear have never met her.  It is sad because she never got a caught to met them but also they do not know her.  It can be a lonely feeling. 

This December it was a snow day for the kids and with them home I was distracted.  Paul went into work until mid afternoon and when he came home he had gotten me flowers and had stuff to make chicken alfredo.  This was so sweet on so many levels!  

First of all it meant that I wasn't going to have to cook lunch, hehehe.  O.k so on an honest level I was so touched that he remember ON HIS OWN.  To me it meant he respected how much she meant to me and that I never wanted to forgot her.  Also my BFF would take me to Olive Garden and we would have chicken alfredo (a very good comfort food) with bread sticks and salad and dessert and then maybe a sack in the car on the way home...ok now looking back I may have been eating away my grief with my friend as a safe person who wouldn't judge me as I was eating half a cheese cake.  He was recognizing that not only was I mourning my mother but also a great friend that was no longer right down the road to hit up our favorite restaurant.

There are days that you feel like your husband isn't listening to you or that he doesn't understand any female emotions.  And then they do something that makes you remember how awesome they are, that is bittersweet.

By the way, do not judge me on how I look in this picture.  This is my rockin "hot momma who is staying at home with the kids all day" look.  Also Trent took this picture....didn't he do a great job??

1 comment:

  1. Two things:

    I am so, so sorry I did not remember this year. But I am so glad Paul did.

    Why on earth would I judge you for eating half a cheesecake when I was eating the other half??

    ReplyDelete