Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sugar, Ten 6 Year Old Girls and a Cotton Candy Machine.....

   



       In true Allen form we can not have a birthday party without a winter storm.  For the last 3 days the buzz around town was about the wind/snow storm we were going to be hit with, the buzz in the Allen house was about Sydnee's birthday party.
      Sydnee was very worried that we were going to cancel her party so when it was finally here she was so EXCITED.  She decided to move a "Drive In" movie theme and have it at the Bridge Building at church.  We made cupcakes, girl band christian music, cotton candy and watched her favorite movie.






Sydnees favorite movie is Mickey's Once upon a Christmas, how appropriate for this time of year.

After the movie and cotton candy we had cupcakes and ice cream sandwiches....you know just more sugar!
This hat was knitted for her, goes with her new earrings.


Sydnee's friends and family spoiled her roughen this year.


I would call this one happy 6 year old.  She got to spend the afternoon with great friends, lots of sugar and she was the center of attention.  Yup, it made Sydnee's day!

2 comments:

  1. Okay I'm going to be an old lady here but I totally remember being in bed SLEEPING and my phone ringing and my rolling over and thinking "who on earth would call me this early??" and dragging myself out of bed to listen to the message and imagine my surprise when it was Paul saying "Hi. Laura wanted me to call you and tell you we are at the hospital, in room---" and I was like "WHAT?! That can't be right!? It's not even DECEMBER YET!!!"

    Haha and then -only because you were my best friend- I chose NOT to go back to bed and instead hopped in the shower and got ready for work at an unGodly hour so I could come visit you in labor before work.

    Seems like only a year or two ago...

    ReplyDelete
  2. K-Dog we are getting old......btw I laughed at loud when I saw this!

    ReplyDelete