Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Our First Science Experiment gone Ar ye

Trent has been working very hard in school and he has been really focusing on 2 BIG projects that are due within a week of each other.  The 1st on was his science experiment; him and his dad decided to do a fluoride test on eggs.  Trent has been a journal daily, taking pictures and doing all kinds of school "paperwork" for this project.
There is a point in the project where one set of the eggs are suppose to get soft shell's and because they are eggs they stink.  There was no way I was going to have them in my house, Paul thought I was being a little ridiculous and they should be able to sit on the kitchen counter for 2 weeks.  Needless to say I won that conversation and they ended up in the garage.  Now when I was in my self fish state of not wanting to smell them I did not think of how cold it was in the garage.....
FAST FORWARD
( 2 weeks )
One set of eggs are white and very firm....

One set of eggs are brown and very firm....WHAT?!?!?! Wait a minute they are not suppose to be firm!
Apparently my garage is like a refridgerater and messed the experiment up.  Hopefully this will not effect his grade, we did try to play it off in the documentation as to why there was an error.  Will keep you posted.

1 comment: