Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wide awake at 4 a.m

     At 4 this morning my mind decided that it should think about all the possibilities in life.  Does this ever happen to you?  As I was laying in bed trying to "will" myself to sleep it dawned on me that it wasn't my fault that I was up this early but my children's!  (Anything not to accept responsibility.)  I was thinking about them this morning and worrying about how they would succeed in life.  This Sunday the sermon was on Matthew Ch. 6 where Jesus teaches "Not to Worry."  This is a great chapter and it basically says if God would take care of the birds and flowers why would he not take care of you, so have faith!  So I ask does this mean I am not strong in my faith, that I allow myself to loose sleep over things I have very little control over?  I like to think not.  


     My husband tells me all the time, "Laura don't worry about it.  Give it to God and let it go."  I will be honest with you here as he is saying it I am mocking him (love you Honey!) in my head.  Don't you think I have thought about that....it isn't that easy.  My greatest gifts in life happen to be my biggest challenges; Trent and Sydnee.  They bring so much joy to my life I wouldn't have had it any other way; however,  the Big Guy upstairs and I will talk about including a manual with these gifts.  Bottom line:  I have to remember that God does not walk along side us when we are in need.  If we let him he will carry us through it.  My children were his before they were mine.  So come on Laura....HAVE FAITH! 

No comments:

Post a Comment